Connect with us
Link copied to clipboard
About University of St Andrews
- University of St Andrews was founded in the early 15th century in Scotland. It's the 3rd oldest university in the world where most individuals are habituated to speak the English language.
- Over the last 600 years, the University of St Andrews has established a reputation as one of the most prestigious research and teaching centres in the world.
- The University of St Andrews has been ranked 1st in the United Kingdom, according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022
- St Andrews is also ranked as No.1 university for the management studies in United Kingdom.
- University of St Andrews is ranked 2nd after Oxford in the UK, according to The Guardian University Guide 2021 thereby splitting the Oxbridge duopoly for a second year in succession. (Source: The Guardian University Guide 2021- 1st in Scotland, 2nd in the UK)
- University of St Andrews was named No.1 university in Scotland and 3rd in the UK by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021. (Source: The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2021- 1st in Scotland, 3rd in the UK)
- The University of St Andrews secured a Gold Award in the most recent Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) based on the quality of teaching and the undergraduate experience.
- The most recent Research Excellence Framework (REF) in 2014 ranked the University of St Andrews as the topmost university in Scotland and 14th in the UK for the quality of research publications across Science, the Arts, Divinity and Medicine.
- 100% of their research is internationally recognised, while 80% is recognised as world-leading or internationally excellent. (Source Research Excellence Framework (REF) 2014- 1st in Scotland, 14th in the UK)
- According to the most recent Graduate Outcomes Questionnaire (2017-2018), 94.9% of their first-degree level graduates from the UK were either pursuing their higher education or were placed in a reputable organization.
- St Andrews is ranked No.1 in the UK for student academic experience in the National Student Survey (NSS) 2020. with a 92.7% satisfaction rate.
- According to the Complete University Guide 2021, students at the University of St Andrews are the most satisfied in the UK. ( Source: The Complete University Guide 2021- 1st in the UK for student satisfaction)
- According to the QS University World Rankings 2021, St Andrews is one of the world's top 100 universities. ( Sources – QS University world Ranking 2021)
- The Complete University Guide 2019 has ranked University of St Andrews 3rd in Scotland for graduate prospects.
- The University has one of the best first-year retention rates in Scotland.
- Around 96% of their 2017-2018 entrants continued in their studies at the University of St Andrews and less than 2% transferred to other universities, whereas less than 3% dropped out of higher education altogether.
- They offer a flexible degree structure based on your choice of subject specialism or research, creating an environment that nurtures inquisitive minds and a culture of shared learning
- The town of St Andrews is a picturesque town nestled on a rocky headland overlooking the North Sea.
- With three beaches and historic buildings, the town is home to dozens of cafés and boutique shops, with both Dundee and Edinburgh situated nearby.
- The benefits of studying at the University of St Andrews stretch far beyond graduation. Whether you intend to go on to further study or a career, the university encourages you to pursue the future you wish to achieve in life.
No result found!!
Last updated on May 18, 2021