Post Study Work Visa UK: 2 Years Work Visa

Post Study Work Visa UK: 2 Years Work Visa

July, 1st onwards, international students will get an excellent opportunity to stay in the United Kingdom even after their studies are completed. Every student who has completed their graduation or post-graduation can apply for two years work Visa and stay in the United Kingdom for better career opportunities. 

Adding to that, scholars with a Ph.D. degree can have a similar Visa for up to three years of tenure. This has significantly changed how to look for post-study endeavors for every student on a study visa in the United Kingdom.

Who is eligible?

Every international student who has completed their graduation, Post Graduation, or Ph.D. degree from a recognized institution in the UK by a prestigious university will be eligible for the post-work Visa for a maximum of 2 years. 

  • To be eligible for a Graduate visa, you must have completed the course you took with your current Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa. 
  • You need to have studied your course in the UK for at least 12 months or the entire length of your course. 
  • You must also be in the UK when you apply for a Graduate visa.
  • This will also include students who have valid immigration status and have completed a valid education qualification in the country itself.
  • Dependent- partner or your child under 18 who is already in the UK as your Tier 4 or Student dependant can apply to extend their stay as your Graduate route dependant. They can only apply in the UK.
  • A partner or child outside the UK cannot apply for a visa as your Graduate route dependant. They will need to apply as your Student dependant, if eligible, and come to the UK on that basis, then apply for permission to stay in the UK as your Graduate route dependant.
  • If they come to the UK as anything other than a Student dependant, for example, as a Visitor, they cannot switch to a Graduate dependant.

How to avail of this?

This doesn’t need any additional requirements to be fulfilled. You are supposed to apply for a Visa usually while mentioning the purpose in your application. Read about the types of Visa you can apply for. 

How to apply for a visa in the United Kingdom?

Once candidates decide the kind of Visa they will need to apply for, they should visit the authority United Kingdom Government site and apply online for a Visa or read about the application process here.

Once the appointment day has been fixed, candidates should show up 15 minutes before the arrangement, with all the required archives.

What documents are required to apply for a Graduate Route/Post Study VISA?

When you apply for a Graduate Route/Post Study VISA, you’ll need to provide:

  • A valid passport or other travel documents that shows your identity and nationality.
  • Your biometric residence permit (BRP), if you were given one when you applied for your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa.
  • Your Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) reference number from where you applied for your Student visa or Tier 4 (General) student visa.
  • Your CAS reference number was sent to you by your education provider when they offered you a place on the course you completed with your Student visa. If you cannot find it, ask your education provider what it is.

Why is it so important?

The UK granted visas to over 22,000 Indian students last year, and this number keeps increasing. This new route will ensure that worthy students are benefited, and the UK will become a center of global talent in the upcoming years.

Get updated with the university updates at the Speak2 University website.

Summing Up

A great move that will change the future of a whole generation over the coming years. This policy suggests measures to ensure that only the worthy, credible, and genuine students are considered, and the UK doesn’t waste its resources. So if you’re eligible, don’t wait anymore and apply for your post-study work visa right away! If you need any help, contact us



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.