UK Visa: Types, Application and Status Checking
The residents from various countries who wish to visit UK for study, work, business, the movement business, or join a family member or assistant/partner can apply for the UK Visa through the online Application. Contingent upon the kind of Visa, the candidate will be asked to fill in a particular sort of visa application structure in English, pay the visa charge on the web, print a copy of the completed application design, and book the course of action for introducing the records and biometric nuances. The online office permits the candidate to save the application’s advancement and proceed at a later stage. You can learn more about it and also get assistance from UK universities delegates/ our in-house University expert through Speak2university.
Applying for the UK Visa with an Indian Passport
The Indian passport holders can visit the authority site to start the online UK Visa application measure or go to the university updates section of Speak2university and register yourself for assistance.
Types of UK Visas
The type of Visa required for your UK visit depends upon the purpose of your travel. After reviewing your travel reasons, UK authorities will allow you to visit the countries.
- Tourists Visa: This is the most basic kind of Visa, which is provided when traveling is just a trip for holiday purposes.
- Study Visa: If you are a student and wish to travel to the UK for further studies, you will be given a student Visa. If you want to know what trending areas you can pursue in the best UK universities, then visit https://www.speak2university.com/department/.
- Work Visa: As the name suggests, a Work Visa is given to people who are going for a job or business purpose.
- Transit Visa: The Transit Visa is given to those who tend to cross UK borders for visiting other countries.
- Dependent Student Visa: Students who have dependents with them (such as wife, children, parents, or other family) can take them along to the UK with the help of dependent student visa. This type of visa allows the students to bring their families to the UK along with them.
- Other types of UK Visa: It includes Visa for establishing a business or living with family.
How to Apply for UK Visa?
For UK Visa applications, candidates are asked to finish the online application structure. When the structure is submitted effectively, and the UK visa charge is paid, the candidate will be required to plan the visa arrangement where they are needed to convey the predefined reports and give biometric subtleties.
The documents required for the process includes:
- Passport, national identification card: You need a valid passport which should be renewed if expired.
- Reference letter/ Call letter: Depending upon the university requirement, you may be asked for a reference letter.
- Evidence of English competency: You might be asked to provide the Scorecard for a valid English proficiency test. such as SELT
- Copies of degree/diploma certificates: Educational certificates are required for admission purposes.
- Financial support proof: You are required to provide proof that you will be bearing the financial needs for yourself, i.e., accommodation charges, university fees, etc.
- TB Test: Indian candidates are required to provide the TB test port which is needed to be approved by UKVI centers. This report is required if you are moving to the UK for at least 6 months.
- Recent Passport size photographs: Lastly, you will be required to submit a passport size photographs. We recommend you keep plenty of them so that you can use them in case of urgency.
UK Visa Status
When the visa application is presented, the candidate can decide to get the archive by post or visit the VAC to gather the reports face to face. While filling in the visa application structure, the candidate can give their substantial portable number and email ID to get warnings relating to the visa application.
Duration of UK Visa
- The duration of the UK visa for students depends on the duration of their course. If the age of the student is above 18 years and the course is a degree course then the maximum duration of visa can be 5 years. If the course duration is less than 5 years, students can get a visa upto 2 years.
- Students can also extend their visa for further studies. The visa type can be changed to a student visa if you are staying in the UK and want to study there. Other than this you can switch to a graduate visa if you want to pursue a job or any other course after graduation for two years.
- BRP stands for Biometric residence permit and it includes information related to students i.e. name, date, birthplace, fingerprint, photograph, immigration conditions and services which one can avail in the UK.
- The BRP information is used with the purpose of confirming the identity of the student. It also confirms the rights of the Visa holder for study, work and public services.
- BRP is given to the Visa holders who applied Visa for six or more months, extending their visa after six months, or had given an application to settle in the UK.
Cost of Visa
The cost of a UK visa depends upon the purpose for which you are going to the UK.
- The cost of a student visa for a short term course which is less than 11 month but more than 6 months is INR 19950.
- The student visa along with the dependent visa costs INR 37326.
How can Speak2University help?
Speak2University is a premier knowledge partner of universities and world’s first non-agent platform initiative that provides counseling to the students and guides them through admission processes of various universities situated in the United Kingdom. They have collaborated with the best universities such as Swansea University, University of Liverpool, etc. to help the students who are willing to study in the UK.