Everything You Need to Know before Applying for an Australian Student VisaGet 100% Assistance for Student Visa Application-Australia from Speak2University experts
A student visa is an official document issued to students to facilitate their entry into the country of their choice and for pursuing higher studies.This is a non-immigrant visa, and any prospective student wishing to pursue higher education in another country must apply for a student visa beforehand.A "Student Visa" is essential to study in a foreign country.This multiple-entry visa is valid only until your study abroad program ends there.It's a necessary documents a student needs to have before heading towards any foreign country for higher education and the rules and regulations for applying for getting one is different for all the foreign countries.In this article we'll brief you about the important aspects associated with Student Visa - Australia and how many types of visas are available for international students who wish to study in the Australia.
Types of Student Visa Australia
- Independent ELICOS Visa (Subclass 570): For international students travelling to Australia to take an Intensive English Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS)
- Vocational Education Sector Visa (Subclass 572): For international students travelling to Australia to pursue a professional or apprenticeship qualification, about which we have mentioned below.
- Certificate I, II, III or IV
- Vocational Training Diploma
- Diploma of Higher Professional Studies
- Certificate of Professional Qualification
- Technical College Entrance Qualification
- Higher Education Sector Visa (Subclass 573): For international students travelling to Australia to pursue higher education in the below-mentioned areas.
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Masters (on a Teaching/Coursework basis only)
- University Degree/Technical College Entrance Qualification
- Postgraduate Research Visa (Subclass 574): For international students travelling to Australia to pursue a research-based master's or doctoral degree.
- Non-Honours Sector Visa (Subclass 575): For international students travelling to Australia to pursue an undergraduate Non-Honours course or other full-time courses which doesn't lead to an Australian Honours
- Foreign or Defense Sector Visa (Subclass 576): For international students sponsored by the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade or the Australian Department of Defense to take any course in Australia.
- **Student Guardian Visa (Subclass 580): For parents and legal guardians of international students under the age of 18 studying in Australia. Under certain circumstances, this visa may also be granted to legal guardians of students over the age of 18.
Application Procedure : Student Visa Australia
- Step 1: Obtain English Proficiency Language
Proof that the candidate has sufficient knowledge to pass the planned study program. This usually includes the IELTS test results and the certified grade report.
- Step 2: Get a CoE by applying to an education provider in Australia
- Step 3: Create an Australian Immigration Account.
- Step 4: Complete the Visa application online
The process must be completed at least 124 days before the start of the course (This date is indicated on the CoE). The applicant must submit their family data, personal data, answers relating to previous studies or work experience, medical records and any criminal records.
- Step 5: Obtain a TRN number
Once the visa application has been successfully submitted, an applicant must pay the visa fee.The Australian Government then assigns a Transaction Reference Number (TRN) to the application, which allows you to track the status online.
- Step 6: Possible Health Check and Maintenance
Depending on the chosen study program and the region in which the candidate will study, they will have to complete a health check. Do not perform a health check in advance, as a TRN number is required to complete the procedure. Before completing the forms, the applicant must undergo a medical examination by a licensed doctor.
- Step 7: Visa Decision
The decision to approve or deny a visa depends on two factors:
• How busy are Australian immigration services?
• Where does the applicant come from?
It takes 1 - 5 weeks to receive a visa decision. The visa application status can be easily tracked directly on the immigration website. The Australian Immigration Service will communicate the decision by email.
- Step 8: Travel to Australia
Once the candidate has received the visa, he must contact the respective institute at least 90 days before the start of the course. If the accommodation is not reserved, notify the institute at least 7 days before arrival.Even after completing the course, a candidate has the right to stay in Australia for 30 days or 60 days if the course duration exceeds 10 months. The deadline will be written on the visa, which must be strictly respected.
Essential Documents Required
Students must submit their visa application to the relevant institution 12 weeks before the orientation date.The requirements to apply for an Australian student visa are as follows:
- Electronic CoE (registration confirmation provided by the institution)
- OSHC Health Insurance
- Valid Passport
- Proof of Temporary Residence – When applying, applicants must demonstrate that their stay in Australia is temporary and not permanent. A letter from your home country's respective school/institution serves as proof
Depending on the region a candidate is applying from and the institute they will be studying at, other additional documents will be required, about which we have mentioned below.
- Birth Certificate
- Bank statements that serve as proof of financial status (living expenses, tuition fees, return airfare and other expenses)
- Proof of previous employment such as pay slips, employment contract, etc ( In case the candidate is going for a postgraduate (UG ) degree
Visa Processing Timeline
Once the candidate enrols at a recognised Australian university and their application has been accepted, the Australian study visa application process (Subclass 500) can be initiated. The visa application process takes some time. Enrolling in a university at least a few months before the start of the study course is essential. The university needs about 37 days to see if the student is fit for the course and fulfills all the eligibility criteria.Several factors that affect visa processing timeline are mentioned below.
- If the applicant has submitted all necessary documents at the time of the application process
- How quickly and effectively the requester responds to requests for additional information
- Time to perform critical checks on the information provided to support the application
- Time to obtain further details from areas other than the official department, particularly regarding character, national security and health
- The number of vacancies in the Migration Program.
- The decision to deny or grant the visa application is based on the documentation and information provided by the applicant when applying to the visa office.
With this it's a wrap and we hope that this guide will serve as a beneficial advantage to those international students who are looking forward to studying in Australia. In case you're wondering how to choose the best Australian university and the course of your choice then we have a solution for you.You just book a free consultation call with Speak2University experts through the link available here and it's done they'll provide you with all the authentic information about the prestigious Australian universities & the courses taught there.
5 Prominent Reasons Which Divert International Students to Australia
Seamless Work Permit , Versatile Job Opportunities , Open Minded Culture, Spectacular Education Facilities , Top-Notch Scholarships
Post Study Work Visa - Australia (Complete Guide )
Eligibility Criteria: Post-Study Work Visa - Australia, How long is the "Post Study Work Visa" valid?, Pathway to Get the Post-Study Work Visa - Australia, Essential Academic Information : Post-Study Work Visa - Australia, Application Procedure Information: Post Study Work Visa Australia