Cost of Studying & Living in the UK for Indian Students Know about Cost of Studying & Living in the UK for Indian Students from Speak2University experts
Studying in the UK is an achievement for most Indian students & once this dream comes true then there's no looking back. Though it's an opportunity to celebrate, there are a lot of things that an Indian student needs to segregate before moving to the UK for pursuing their further education.Foremost comes the finances & it's very common for an Indian student living in the UK to compare the cost of things to what it would cost to them back home.It's also essential to keep in mind that London and the South East of England are more expensive places to live as compared to the other regions of the UK.
Although there are various stats and data across the internet which showcases the cost of studying and living in the UK, self-research is the most prominent tool opted by students.In relevance with the similar context,Speak2university team has jotted down all the essential information related to cost of living expenses in the UK & we hope that this will help you to plan your budget accordingly.
Travel & Accommodation Costs in the UK
For-profit corporations operate the majority of public transit in the United Kingdom.UK public transit is entirely out of the hands of the government.The cost of a one-hour bus ride in London is $1.50 approximately.London has the highest monthly commuting costs globally, at $186. As a result of private ownership,trains in the UK are likewise found to be more expensive.
The cost of renting a place to live in the United Kingdom will take up a significant portion of your monthly budget (apart from your tuition fees). The university you plan to choose can also provide you with on-campus accommodation or you can look for a private residence outside the campus. The cost of essential utilities (electricity, gas, and water), welfare support workers, 24-hour security, and personal items is included in the university accommodation.
Dorm Rooms and House Apartments
Money spent on lodging will be a critical component of your overall budget.Students can choose various housing alternatives, including university residence halls, private apartments, communal housing, dorms, and local homestays.That's not all: these accommodations are tailored specifically for you, the bewildered and ecstatic college student, so you won't have to worry about a thing when it comes to looking for a place to live.
Food prices in the United Kingdom might vary widely depending on where you buy them. However,some supermarkets cater to all budgets in the country.There's something for everyone, from cheap stores like Aldi and Lidl to farmers and producers markets if you're searching for something which is way more unique.
Entertainment & Miscellaneous Outlays
In addition to necessities like housing, food, transportation, clothing, and school supplies, a significant portion of your budget goes into entertainment and miscellaneous living expenses.The amount you spend on non-essentials like movie tickets, cell phone service, and internet access is highly dependent on your spending habits and way of living.While there are numerous advantages to living on campus,such as access to DJs, parties, and student organizations, remaining off campus allows you to see the country beyond your university's borders.
Textbooks and Study Materials
Books and stationery might vary in price depending on your course and if you wish to purchase used or new books.You may be able to get some books for free from older adults.
Insurance and taxes
Health insurance for international students has been introduced by several UK universities, although this only applies while you are enrolled and terminates once your program is over. Some colleges pay for Indian students quarantine fees.The best way for international students to pay for their everyday costs in the UK is through part-time employment. Working 20 hours per week is an option which is available for all Indian students living in the UK.
Tips to Maintain an Efficient Student Budget
- Sharing a flat with a roommate or relative can be the best way to save money.
- Obtaining a bank account at a local financial institution is the second step.
- It is possible to lower the overall use of household utilities such as electricity, heaters and air conditioners, etc.Instead of constantly cranking up the heat, you might want to consider donning some cosy clothing,just like you would in the winter.
- Pay off all your debt,including credit cards,student loans,or other personal obligations.If you're looking to save money,you must first pay off your debt because interest on loans is too high & would not let you save enough for the future.
- You can't afford to spend a lot of money on restaurants and cafés regularly if you want to save money.Use discounts and special offers to your advantage by seeking out establishments charging less while maintaining a high standard of quality.
- You can save by looking for products with bright yellow stickers in the supermarkets to save money on high-quality food.
- Bargaining is a must in the UK to save money and make ends meet on a shoestring budget.Possess the self-assurance to negotiate a price decrease with the shopkeeper.
International Student Scholarship
If you're an Indian student looking forward to pursuing your studies in the UK,consider applying for one of the many available scholarships.To help you pay for your education and cover your living expenses while studying in the UK, here is a list of the best scholarships available.
- UK Government Sponsored Scholarships for International students who wish to pursue postgraduate (PG) degree at one of the popular UK Universities.
- One-year Master's and PhD programs in the UK are available under the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan.
- Undergraduate (UG) students from many countries are eligible for Castle Smart & Chevening Scholarships too.
- Is the UK expensive for international students?
- The expense of studying abroad is approximately $12,000 per year. International full-time postgraduate students pay between £10,000 and £13,000 per year for tuition fees.
- How much is it worth to live & study in the UK?
- Depending on where you're studying in the UK, the price can vary greatly. Living in London costs £13,400 ($21,800) per month, while for the rest of England it's only £12,100 ($15,200). According to Queen's University Belfast, the average tuition in Northern Ireland is $10,200 per year. Also, the cost of accommodation stated by Queen Mary University of London & University of Dundee is found to be extremely affordable for the students making them the most popular choice opted by the students.
- Is the UK the cheapest country for studying?
- When comparing costs, it's easy to see that going to school here is a better deal.To get the worthiest of their spending, students should study in the UK, where degree programs tend to be shorter.
- How much does studying in the UK cost for international students?
- Between $17,000 to $25,000 is the average cost of undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) studies in the United Kingdom.Amounts may vary based on exchange rates used at the research time.Students should expect to spend anything from $1,300 to $1,600 a month on living expenses (whether you decide to live inside or outside London).
Most colleges provide on-campus housing or subsidized accommodation for international students. You can obtain this for free or for a price.Generally, university living halls are the best and cheapest options.If you choose private housing, check for possibilities close to your university.Speak2University counsellors can help you out with budget and accommodation issues.Book a consultation call now to know more about the accommodation and living expenses of the prestigious UK universities.
Why do Indian Students Choose to Study in the UK?
Detailed Course Curriculum, Impressive Academics, Research-Oriented Universities, 24*7 Student Support, Career Placement Fairs by Experts, Affordable Fees & Other Expenses, Interactive Campus & Student Life, Scholarships for International Students, Comfortable Accommodation Spaces, Availability of Exchange Programmes , Accessible UK Study Visa - Plus Benefits, Worldwide Recognition Degree, Assorted Course in Various Fields, Implementation of 1 Year Full-Time Master's Course, Versatile Networking
How to Apply to UK Universities?
Log on to speak2university.com, Know about the leading and popular UK universities along with the course of your choice, Apply to the course & university of your choice with the Speak2 University team, Pay the Tuition Fees after receiving approval from the University, Complete the Study Visa Application Procedure, Cross-check all the documents before departure. Also, stay in touch with the university delegate & Speak2 University counselors until the departure.
Post Study Work Visa
Post Study Work Visa Eligibility Criteria, Other Important Details ,Documents Checklist: UK Work Visa for Indians
Career Opportunities in the UK
Speak2University is the knowledge partner with various universities in the UK that support employability throughout the study duration of the students. Know about the renowned career opportunities in UK for International students from Speak2University experts through consultation calls.
How to Apply for a UK Work Visa Being an Indian?
Know about the importance of Post Study Work Visa & how it's beneficial for Indian students from Speak2University experts.
Guide to Study Foundation Program in the UK
Importance of Foundation Course, Foundation Course Equivalence , Duration: Foundation Course, Fees Structure: Foundation Course, How to find the best Foundation Program out of numerous lists? , Key Eligibility: Foundation Course
Pre-Masters Course in the UK : Important Details
What is a Pre-Masters Course?, Pre-Masters Level, What is the Duration of the Pre-Masters Course?, How worth is doing Pre-Masters?,What kind of VISA does student's require for this course?
UK Post Arrival Checklist for International Students
Do's on Staying in the UK as an International Student, Don'ts on Staying in the UK as an International Student, What is required for Immigration once you reach the UK? ,How to manage mobile and calling cards?, Travel Guide to Reach the University, How to Register with a Local Doctor?
Pre-Departure UK Guide for International Students
When should I travel to the UK & what to expect from the UK weather? ,Any Insurance Required? ,UK Travel Document Checklist ,Important Covid-19 Guidelines, Essential Items to Pack ,Flights and Accommodation for UK Travel
Complete Guide for Best MBA Schools in the UK
Reasons to study MBA Program from the UK, Which university is best for pursuing MBA in the UK?, Is studying an MBA from the UK worth it?, Which country is best for pursuing MBA in the UK?, What are the entry exams required for studying an MBA degree in the UK?, Career Prospects of MBA in the UK, Popular Companies that Recruit MBA graduates, Business Administration (MBA) from University of Nottingham, Advantages of MBA : (University of Nottingham), Entry Requirements for MBA Programme at Universi
Student Life & Accommodation in the UK
How do I find Accommodation in the UK?, Where can I find Private Student Accommodation in the UK?, Where can I find Cheap Accommodation in the UK?, How much is the Charge for Accommodation in London/ Outer London?, Which is the Cheapest City in the UK?, What types of Accommodations are available?, How much does Accommodation Cost in a month?, Is On-campus Accommodation Available?,
Top Scholarships Offered by UK universities to International Students
General Eligibility Criteria - UK Scholarships for Indian Students, Common UK Scholarships for International students
University Specific & Other UK Scholarships for Indian Students
Queen’s University Belfast, University of Nottingham, University of Bristol, Ulster University, University of Southampton, Queen Mary University of London , University of York , University of Dundee , Aberystwyth University, University of St Andrews, University of Sheffield, Swansea University
10 Reasons to Study in the UK for Indian Students
Academic Excellence, Course Modification Option, Ensured Quality and Recognized Status, In-depth investigation, Opportunities for Employment after Graduation, Cosmopolitan Backgrounds, Massive Student Population, Affordable Fees & Expenses, Increased Language Proficiency, Free Health Care Services
Common UK Education Guidelines International Students Must Know About
Early Years,Primary Years,Secondary Educations,Further Educations,Higher Educations
7 Most Popular Courses to Study in the UK
MFin-International Financial Management by Swansea University, MRes in Neuroscience by University of StAndrews , MSc Data Analytics by Queen Mary University of London , Business Administration MBA by University of Nottingham, MSc Drug Discovery Science by University of Sheffield , BSc Business Information Technology with Professional Experience by Queen's University Belfast, MSc Cyber Security by University Of York
Types of Part-time Jobs for International Students in the UK
Teaching Assistant, Barista/ FnB Server, Retail Worker, Receptionist, Translator, Dog walker, Line Cook/ Chef, Housekeeper
Scope of Employment While You Study in the UK
Want To Work While In The UK? , Prohibited Jobs for International Students in the UK, How to get a Part-Time Job in the UK? ,Is it easy to get a job in the UK for Indian students?, What are the best part-time jobs in the UK?, How much do Indian students earn in the UK?
Tips & Tricks: How to Write an Impressive Statement of Purpose (SOP)?
Points to Consider while Writing a Powerful Personal Statement, Statements that are "weak", Statements that are "strong", Suggestion to help you in writing your SOP
Popular UK Locations & it's Whereabouts
London, Scotland, Humber and Yorkshire, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Ireland, University of Wales
Complete Guide to UCAS Undergraduate Application with Speak2University
Initiate UCAS Registration, Important Things to Remember, What is the 'Statement of Purpose'?, Cross Check the Application, Steps to Remember While Making the Payment, Forward the Application to UCAS
UK University Application Process for Undergraduates
Why should you choose an undergraduate program in the UK?, What is the process for Undergraduate Applications?, Speak2university : Document Checklist