Why do Indian students Choose to Study in the US?Know about the benefits of studying in the US for international students
Are you planning to study in the US in the upcoming intake of admissions season? Here's a detailed analysis of all the essential parameters which uplift the students to study in the US. Read this content thoroughly to know about the benefits of studying in the US for international students. Share it with your friends who wish to study in the US in the future.
Top-Notch & Prestigious Universities
The US comprises many reputed universities which act as the building block of education for students from across the globe. In addition, most of US universities have skilled professionals who teach students in a well-detailed manner starting from the baseline level. The major point of pursuing education from the US is that international students tend to get worldwide recognised degrees, which provides them outstanding job opportunities. International students also prefer to study in the US over other countries for practical purposes because of high-tech classroom amenities & course curriculum implemented in the US universities.
Out of the Top 100 universities ranked by the QS World University Rankings 2022 more than a third of those positions are filled by the US universities.Times Higher Education's World University Rankings also has published a report in which 20 US universities have made it to the top list, which seems to be another reason why Indian students choose to study in the US. Below are the names of famous US universities for your understanding and reference.
- California Institute of Technology
- Harvard University
- Stanford University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Princeton University
- University of California, Berkeley
- Yale University
- University of Chicago
- Northwestern University
- Carnegie Mellon University
- University of Michigan
- Johns Hopkins University
- Duke University
- University of Southern California
- Cornell University
- University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- University of Arizona
- Columbia University
- New York University (NYU)
- University of Pennsylvania
- Johns Hopkins University
Know about the courses taught in these US universities from Speak2University experts who provide you with the latest information from verified sources.
Huge Bunch of Scholarships
Students who hail from a challenging financial background are supported by the university through scholarships, bursaries or tuition fee waivers. There are different scholarships for UG & PG students, and one needs to qualify the eligibility criteria for availing the scholarship. Below we have mentioned the latest scholarships offered by US universities to International students.
Renowned US Scholarships for International Students
Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowship Program is offered to ambitious professionals who wish to collaborate and work towards global challenges bringing a positive change in society.
- Under this fellowship program, talented candidates from middle-class families of developing countries are called to the US for pursuing 10 months of 'Non-Degree Graduate Study' along with gaining work experience in the US within their respective field of their choice.
- Students need to go through 5 steps of the screening procedure for availing the Hubert Humphrey Fellowship from the officials.
- Should have completed a full-time undergraduate degree from a recognized US university.
- Minimum 5 Years of work experience from a recognised organization as a full-time employee
- Should exhibit well-developed leadership & English Language speaking & writing skills in academics
- Proof of evidence showing a demonstration of public service in the community
- No or Minimum experience in the United States
- Talented women and candidates from minor and disadvantaged low-level backgrounds are also encouraged to apply for this fellowship program
Fulbright- Nehru Fellowships
- Fulbright- Nehru Fellowship is specifically offered to those Indian students who wish to pursue a master's degree in the Arts and Culture Management including Heritage Conservation and Museum Studies, Economics, Environmental Science/Studies Higher Education Administration, International Affairs: A International Legal Studies, Journalism and Mass Communication, Public Administration Public Health, Urban and Regional Planning, and Women's Studies/Gender Studies departments at a recognised university in the US.
- Should have completed a equivalent U.S bachelor's degree from a recognised Indian university with a minimum of 55% criteria
(i) In case, the bachelor's degree is of less than 4 years then the candidate must have pursued a full-time master's degree or a full-time postgraduate diploma from a recognized Indian institution
(ii) If the bachelor's degree is of less than four years' duration, then the candidate should possess 4 years bachelor's degree from a recognized Indian institution
- Should have gained 3 years of professional work experience at a reputed organization as a full-time employee
- Should exhibit leadership & community service skills
- Should not have enrolled for a US degree at another US university
Employed candidates need to obtain the endorsement from the appropriate administrative authority on the FNMasters Employer's Endorsement Form. It should indicate that the specific leave will be granted only till the timeline the fellowship stays.
- AAUW International Fellowships (Non-Government scholarship)
- #YouareHereWelcome Scholarship (Non-Government scholarship)
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Ambani Fellowship
- S.N Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program
- Harvard University Scholarships
- Bat and Ball Game Women's Sports Scholarship
Study hard & fulfil all the requirements asserted by the US university for availing the scholarship of your choice. Trust us; your parents will be more proud when you'll grab a scholarship to study at a top-notch US university.
In case of assistance about the scholarships, Speak2University experts are always available to help you out.
Excellent Internship & Job Facilities
From internships at popular multinational companies to grabbing a job at these places, international students seem to have the best career experience in the US. Students who complete their bachelor's or master's from the US get hired by leading international companies because of their exceptional skills and talent. However, with the enactment of diversified course modules, students learn about many subjects simultaneously, which upgrades their knowledge and allows them to work in various departments.
Oh, Also, Candidates who graduate from the STEM department are allowed to work for a year in the US & can also work 24 months after that too.
Reach out to Speak2University experts who'll brief you more about career opportunities in the US for International Students.
Customisable Undergraduate (UG) & Postgraduate (PG) Courses
International students who have been studying abroad in a US university have in-depth understanding about all the subjects as one gets to study numerous subjects during their bachelor's degree, which ultimately deepens their proficiency. One can create their course curriculum using the core and optional modules of their choice, which is a fairly commendable initiative implemented by the US universities.
You can also get in touch with Speak2University experts to know more about the courses taught at US universities in different departments.
Cosmopolitan American Culture
Youngsters from the 21st generation feel that one should be allowed to make their own choices whether it's about life, education or anything else because, in the end, it's them who has to live their life. In relevance with the above content, due to access to freedom & liberty, most international students choose to study in the US as 'American Culture' allows everyone to enjoy their life to the fullest.
One gets to evolve as a person both at a personal & professional level which also guarantees a wide range of networking opportunities in the college campuses. Students also get to engage themselves in extracurricular activities, which boosts up their stamina & enthusiasm alongside broadening their experience. Ultimately, it's said that everything depends on the environment, and till date, the US seems to be the best culture witnessed by international students in terms of education, field trips, entertainment, career prospects & many more.
Find out more about American Culture & its importance from the Speak2 University experts. This way you’ll understand whether the US is the right fit for you or not for further education.
Constant Student Support from Experts
Studying abroad seems daunting at times as everything is new for the students. To make things easier, all the US universities provide 24*7 help to reduce student's problems instantly. Guest lectures, workshops, training sessions, & career employability fairs are also held at the universities to train the students for their theoretical classes delivered at the university. International experts teach the students through specialised 'American English Classes' to sharpen their basic communication skills. Many US universities also have 'International Student Service' offices solely dedicated to help international students. Officials there assist the students with visa issues, language barriers, social & cultural issues, mental health, or financial aspects by immediately resolving the problem.
Speak2University experts are also always there to support you, just like the University Delegates. Our team helps the students choose the right course in the university of their choice. We also provide relevant information about the scholarships, tuition fees, accommodation, student life, learning skills, & study benefits to the students to maintain transparency throughout the admissions process. Most importantly, we're the connecting link between the students and the US universities, so we ensure that students receive the best guidance throughout their course duration.
Advanced Classroom Facilities
If you're interested in learning about advanced technologies, then enrolling in high tech US universities is the best choice. International students who choose to study in US universities are more attracted to the well-developed classroom infrastructure embedded with the latest gadgets. Students learn about course modules through digitally optimised web classes which makes the education process much more beneficial and interesting for everyone. Well, structured practical labs comprising the latest instruments are built for the students so that one gains the best bunch of practical knowledge at the university. Renowned US universities Cornell University, Carnegie Mellon University to Massachusetts Institute of Technology have enforced advanced virtual technologies in the classrooms & practical labs to make the students versed with all the learning aspects which ultimately keeps them up to date with the latest developments too.
You can contact Speak2University experts to know more about advanced educational methods implemented in US universities.
We hope that this content is a potent guide to demonstrate why Indian students choose to study in the US for further education. You'll also be glad to know that we are knowledge partners with UK universities too, so if you choose to study in a destination other than the United States of America , we can provide accurate guidance for that too.Team Speak 2University is there to help you with the information related to the Top US University of your choice.
Get in touch with us to apply for an undergraduate (UG) or postgraduate (PG) course in a US University, and we'll help you with everything seamlessly.