- Study Australia
- Post Study Work Visa - Australia (Complete Guide )
Post Study Work Visa - Australia (Complete Guide )Know about Post Study Work Visa - Australia from Speak2University experts
Australia is indeed a beautiful country, and if you decide to pursue your higher studies in this unique country , there are loads of options available for all kinds of students. At times it's seen that international students who arrive there for higher education often are happy to stay back for work due to the infinite career opportunities available in Australia. Although for working in Australia, international students need to have a post-study work visa, which is a beneficial tool for them. If you're wondering how to get one, this article is the perfect information source for you. Stay Tuned & Keep Reading!
Once an international student has a post-study work visa, they can stay in Australia and look for work until they find one or start working if they already have a job. During this period, students can do work other than their study area. The post-study work visa allows international students to work in Australia after completing their undergraduate (UG) and postgraduate (PG) or Doctoral degree (PhD) from any of the recognized universities in Australia.
Eligibility Criteria: Post-Study Work Visa - Australia
International students who have completed academic programs that only result in academic qualifications are not eligible for the post-study work visa. However, one with a diploma can qualify for a permit under the "Graduate job" flow.Students need to be graduated with an eligible qualification, i.e., (UG), postgraduate (PG) or Doctoral (PhD) Degree, to avail the post-study work visa quickly. Moreover, one should complete their studies within 6 months after applying for the post-study work visa.
How long is the "Post Study Work Visa" valid?
It entirely depends on the degree which the student pursues. Have a look below for a better understanding and reference.
- Bachelor's Degree (Including honours): 2 years
- Master's Degree : 3 years
- PhD Degree: 4 years
The visa takes effect from the date one is granted access. An international student can no longer stay in Australia by extending this visa. Although in certain conditions, one may be eligible for the Post Study Work Visa.This requires the candidate to live, work and study in a regional area while holding their first post-study work visa.This visa is issued for multiple entries & allows the student to travel to and fro outside Australia until the last validation day. Also,Visa applicants eligible for subclass 485 can apply for a visa outside Australia during the grant period and obtain the permit outside Australia.
**Knowledge Hour : The visa validation date isn't extended if a candidate spends time outside Australia for personal or professional work purposes.
Pathway to Get the Post-Study Work Visa - Australia
- You have your student visa, or you are outside Australia and have an eligible student visa (in both cases - but not supported by the Minister of Defense or Foreign Affairs and Commerce).
- You owned a student visa in the last 6 months before your application and now have a (bridge A visa ) or a (bridge B visa), which is granted based on a valid visa application.
- You had a student visa in the last 6 months before applying, and now you have a substantial visa.
You may have obtained a relay visa during your visa application. If your current visa expires before you apply for your post-study work visa application, then, in that case, the bridging visa will start.You can stay in Australia on a transitional visa while your new visa application is processed.Do not cancel your current visa. If you do, you will remain illegally in Australia.
Essential Academic Information : Post-Study Work Visa - Australia
- You must attach the completed and signed form to your temporary higher education visa application. Failure to attach this form to your application may result in processing delays.
- You can prove your knowledge of the English language by providing proof by appearing for the exams like IELTS (International English Language Testing System), TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test), PTE Academic (Pearson Test of English Academic), OET (Occupational English Test), Cambridge C1 Advanced Test in the past 3 years.
- You do not need to provide results/knowledge of English if you have a valid passport from UK, Canada, New Zealand, the United States, Republic of Ireland.
- You might not be eligible for this visa if your visa was cancelled or denied while in Australia.
Application Procedure Information: Post Study Work Visa Australia
- Valid Passport : A valid passport is required for this visa. Apply for a new passport before applying for this visa. If you have a valid visa with the condition "Do not stay anymore" 8534 or 8503 on your current visa, you cannot apply for this visa online. You will then need to submit an ImmiAccount technical support form.
- List of Documents : You must provide documents to support your claim. Include as much information as possible with your application.
- Include the details of your current passport with your photo, personal information, passport issue and expiration date, and an identity card.
- Proof of Name Change: Documents for this can be a marriage certificate or a divorce certificate, change of name documents from an Australian Births, Deaths and Marriages Registry or relevant overseas authority.
- A letter of completion from your education provider indicates the course's start date, the date you completed the course, and the CRICOS code of your training organization.
- A valid certified copy of your education certificates. If credit has been claimed for your course and you want to use the credit to meet Australian study requirements, you must also provide details of that course.
- Your Education loan documents should meet your Australian study requirements.
- Provide adequate health insurance in Australia with a signed letter from a health insurance company, a Medicare card or proof of your Medicare enrollment
- All applicants over 16 must provide proof that they have applied for an Australian Federal Police check within 12 months of applying for this visa. Form 80 and Form 1221 may need to be provided.
- If requested, provide a foreign police certificate from any country, including your home country, in which you have spent a total of 12 months or more in the past 10 years since the age of 16, military service records or discharge papers if you have served in the armed forces of a country.
- Partner/ Family Documents : Identity Documents & Character Documents
- If you are married, provide your marriage certificate or other proof that your marriage is valid in Australia.
- Apply for a Visa : You can register online on ImmiAccount, provide the required documents, pay the visa application fee and submit your application. A valid application must be submitted within the eligibility period. Late applications cannot be accepted.
- Travel after Registration : You can inform the visa authorities if you want to travel outside Australia once your visa is under process. If you are leaving Australia, ensure you have a valid re-entry visa.
- Visa decision : You can be in or out of Australia but not on immigration clearance when your visa application is being decided. A visa will be granted, and details like your visa grant number, the visa's date of entry into force, and the visa's conditions will be provided. The reason for the refusal of your visa would be justified, and no refund will be provided in case of rejection of the visa application.
While wrapping up, we would like to state that though it's a lengthy process, getting a "Post Study Work Visa in Australia'' is definitely worth the wait as, in terms of career, there's a wide range of opportunities available for the students. Before applying for one, you need to be eligible for one, and the first criterion of eligibility is getting a verified degree from a recognized Australian university. So if you wish to study at any of the reputed universities in Australia, then book a consultation call with Speak2University experts who'll brief you with all the details in one go & will also enable you with the Study Visa application procedure along with putting some light on the major benefits of Post Study Work Visa Australia.
5 Prominent Reasons Which Divert International Students to Australia
Seamless Work Permit , Versatile Job Opportunities , Open Minded Culture, Spectacular Education Facilities , Top-Notch Scholarships
Everything You Need to Know before Applying for an Australian Student Visa
Types of Student Visa Australia, Application Procedure : Student Visa Australia, Essential Documents Required, Visa Processing Timeline