Connect with us
Link copied to clipboard
About University of York
- The University of York has made it's reach as one of the success stories in UK higher education.
- Since its foundation in 1963, it has powered the way to achieve a consistently high ranking in the UK and is one of the youngest universities to have appeared in the world's top 100 list.
- York is placed at the top of the Russell Group universities and is included in the National Student Survey (NSS) for providing excellent academic support and learning opportunities to the students.
- The University of York scored 85.39% for overall satisfaction in the survey, which has set York above the national average of 82.65% in UK universities. (Source – NSS)
- York holds a Gold Teaching Excellence Framework award, showing that they deliver consistently outstanding teaching, learning, and outcomes for students.
- York ranked 14th overall and 10th for the impact of their research in the Times Higher Education's ranking of the Research Excellence Framework 2014.
- The University ranked 133rd in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings (2021)
- York was placed under the list of Top 45 universities in the world for arts and humanities (2021)
- It's also ranked under the list of Top 175 universities from all across the globe for life sciences (2021)
- York is also ranked under the list of Top 100 in the world for social sciences (2021) 17th for UK Research Council Income (2017)
- York was placed 12th overall and 3rd in the UK in the Golden Age Rankings (2019)
- The University of York has also been ranked 16th in the Guardian University Guide 2021
- It ranked 18th overall in the Complete University Guide 2022
- It's amongst the leading universities of the world and was placed 151st in the QS World University Rankings 2022
- Nine subjects taught in the University were placed in the top 100 subjects in the QS World University Rankings 2021
- York has been awarded 15 awards from Athena SWAN for its commitment to gender equality.
- The Quality Assurance Agency for Higher Education (QAA) works to safeguard standards and improve the quality of UK higher education.
- In the most recent Institutional Review of the University of York (2012), they received an excellent outcome and were commended for enhancing student learning opportunities.
- York’s vibrant campus is home to over 20,000 students and staff who live, study, or work there. You can explore the grounds, enjoy the wildlife, grab a bite to eat in one of the cafés, or use state-of-the-art sports facilities.
- Lively, full of culture and beauty, York is regularly voted one of the best places to live and visit in the UK. You are sure to have an unparalleled student experience at the University of York.
Last updated on August 16, 2021